Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
I need a SSS..where should I go? pointers to look for? any help would be great
shipwreckworld
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2008 11:19:10 AM(UTC)

Old Forum Thread

Author Thread: I need a SSS..where should I go? pointers to look for? any help would be great
camshaw I need a SSS..where should I go? pointers to look for? any help would be great
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 10:09 PM (CST)
What can I get for under 10k usa dollars? Anybody who's owned and operated one, can you point me in the right direction...thanks a million, new to the SSS stuff,but ready to go..thanks again,cameron shaw..

Author Thread:
JimKennard I need a SSS..where should I go? pointers to look for? any help would be great
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2007 9:25 AM (CST)
For under $10K, take a look at the Imagenex side scan sonars, the Sport Scan, and Yellow Fin. See website: www.imagenex.com

Depending on the depth that you need to search, you may need more cable than their standard offering of 75 ft. These sonars work with a laptop computer. View a demo of operation on their website. Hope this helps. Jim

TBR4 I need a SSS..where should I go? pointers to look for? any help would be great
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2007 12:41 PM (CST)
We develop interfaces for sidescans, and have several in house, including an Imagenex Yellowfin, Datasonics SIS1502, and DSME S150. For under $10K, your choices are pretty much limited to the likes of the Yellowfin. I believe the list price is just over that, but we would be willing to part with ours. Happy to discuss options if you are still in the market.

Thomas Reed

reed@oicinc.com

Wreckhunter I need a SSS..where should I go? pointers to look for? any help would be great
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:31 PM (CST)
You can get one for less than 10k USD. See:www.deepvision.se /Fred

Diverbob
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2008 2:45:46 AM(UTC)

You can get a starfish chirp sidescan for that but it depends upon what you want to do with it? There is a second hand Waverly for sale on Ebay in Germany at the moment which you coudl easily convert to digital for a few hundred dollars all in. There are things off the shelf that do this sort of stuff too.