135 ft (41.1 m)
Three miles north of Oswego
Location given may not be exact co-ords. Updated needed
~ GPS Shipwreck Location ~
Latitude: 43° 30' 47.9988" N Longitude: -76° 37' 9.3" W
The Cormorant was built in 1941. In 1949 she was renamed the Russell 4 and was sold to the Newton Creek Towning Company of New York. Merrit, Chapman & Scott repurchased her and renamed her the Cormorant. The tug sank was swamped by a large wave near Oswego, NY after completion of work in the St. Lawrence River. The crew were saved by hanging on to a tractor tire before being rescued.