75 ft (22.9 m)
Near Emerald, Amherst Island, Lake Ontario, Canada
The scnooner lies upright in 75ft of water in the North Channel, approximately 1/4-mile due west of the north end of Barry Point, Amherst Island.
~ GPS Shipwreck Location ~
Latitude: 44° 8' 51.6012" N Longitude: -76° 47' 37.2012" W
The schooner William Jamieson was built in 1878 at Mill Point, Ontario. On May 15, 1923, while bound Oswego to Napanee, Ontario with 350 tons of hard coal, the schooner sprang a leak near the Ducks, and began taking on water. Captain Patrick McManus attempted to ru nthe ship to Picton, Ontario. The schooner was abandoned in the North Channel near Amherst Island in Lake Ontario. There was not any loss of life