Amherst Island Maps


The schooner William Jamieson was built in 1878 at Mill Point, Ontario. On May 15, 1923, while bound Oswego to Napanee, Ontario with 350 tons of hard coal, the schooner sprang a leak near the Ducks, and began taking on water. Captain Patrick McManus...  more »
0 0 in Lake Ontario
A scuttled wooden tug boat named "Terry's tug" is unidentified tug but is believed to be from the Collins Bay Rafting and Forwarding Company that worked out of the local area.  more »
0 0 in Lake Ontario
The trhee masted schooner George Marsh was built in 1882 by Footlanders at the Muskegon, Michigan. After service under the American flag, she was purchased by J.B. Flint, of Belleville, Ontario and given Canadian registration. On August 8, 1914, she set...  more »
0 0 in Lake Ontario
Launched as the "Kingston" at Montreal in 1854, she was one of the finest Canadian steamboats of her day on the Upper St. Lawrence and Lake Ontario. In 1872, she was gutted by fire while off Grenadier Island in the St. Lawrence River. Rebuilt as the...  more »
0 0 in Lake Ontario
The City of Sheboygan was built by in Sheboygan, WI on July 5th, 1871. A Canadian registered ship, she was heavily loaded with feldspar and was caught in a storm. The City of Sheboygan sank on September 25th 1915 near Amherst Island. Five sailors were...  more »
0 0 in Lake Ontario
Wrecks:  All  #  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z 
Submit a Wreck

Ask a Question

Submit your own

Contribute:

Legend of the Lake - New Discovery Edition Book

The recent discovery of the wreck of the British warship Ontario, “the Holy Grail” of Great Lakes shipwrecks, solves several mysteries that have puzzled historians since the ship sank more than two centuries ago. Now, for the first time, the whole tragic story of the Ontario can finally be told.

Buy Now!